Friday 1 February 2013

It's been a while!

Ok, so things have been rather quiet around here for the last couple of years! What have I been up to? Well, work has been busy, home-life is busy and I guess life in general has been busy. My commitment to making a difference remains, but how I do it has changed a little. To summarise the key points of the last 3 years or so
  • No further challenges (until now! See below...) 
  • My wife Eleanor has however done a couple of half marathons and a marathon, so as a family we continue to like challenges! 
  • I have changed my diet. I will blog about it at some stage, but for now, will simply say Primal Living is being good to me 
  • For the first and last time, I did Movember
  • I have become a cub scout leader! Again, I'll blog about this another time, but encouraging youngsters whilst having a little fun yourself is seriously rewarding
  • We continue to support Bliss, although I guess as time goes on this becomes more difficult
Lots to blog about there! I guess where I want to focus a little today is on Bliss. As you may know if you have followed me since the beginning on my other blog, Bliss has been a cause that we have supported since Eoin was born 26 weeks early, nearly 6 years ago. Our support has included fundraising such as cycling Cambridge to Paris as well as supporting Bliss in the campaigns and lobbying activities. As time goes on, whilst our appreciation of Bliss is undiminished, it feels our relevance is reduced. We set out to turn a stressful period of our lives into something positive, and make things better for those who came after us. quite simply, those who came after us are now in a better position to take up the reigns. We still have an input (we recently toured our local hospital's new NICU with our MP and the hospital CEO for example) but ultimately, our experience is now 6 years out of date.

Fundraising on the other hand, never goes out of date! and thus 3 years after completing the Cambridge to Paris cycle, here we are again. Perhaps not as onerous this time - other things in my life mean that training and time commitments have to compete with more and more other demands. Nevertheless, a challenge worth doing:

London to Brighton. On foot. 100km. 60-odd miles. in 24 hours. Through the night. On no sleep.

Sounds like a challenge to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment