Sunday 3 February 2013

So what are we doing here?

Three years ago or thereabouts I started this blog with the idea of having it as some kind of pledge site for people who wanted to make a difference. It was a natural progression from my original blog. My vision was that it was to be...
...a unique network of people, some (many? most?) of whom are good people and just need a nudge to make a difference. Kill the Dragon can be that nudge! I want this to be a forum for making pledges, for reporting on them, and then doing another one!
 (from this blog entry)

Clearly this didn't happen. The reason? Well there were a few

  1. Time. Poor excuse but things simply got busy
  2. Knowledge. I have no idea how to set up a forum of the kind I envisaged and certainly don't have the money to pay for someone else to do so for me. I'm sure could learn. see 1.
  3. I was having too much fun making a difference myself!
So the forum didn't and is unlikely to happen.What I'd prefer is this to be more of a sharing blog about experience of making a difference (this entry exemplifies that). If you have a story to tell, let me know, I will happily put up a story and maybe help to spread the word.

So what will you find here

  • My experiences and thoughts on making a difference. Whether that is scouting, fundraising, primal living, other charity stuff, mentoring, life coaching. Whatever
  • My challenge blog entries - training, learnings and so on
  • Stories on others who are making a difference
  • I'm not providing a forum, but for those who have the motivation to make a difference, let's do it together 
Please let me know what else you'd like to see here
Kill the Dragon

No comments:

Post a Comment